[alsa-devel] [ANNOUNCE] 2019 Linux Audio miniconference

Vinod Koul vkoul at kernel.org
Fri Oct 25 11:45:16 CEST 2019

On 24-10-19, 09:31, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote:
> On 10/24/19 9:20 AM, Patrick Lai wrote:
> > On 10/22/19 11:59 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >

> > > As with previous years let's pull together an agenda through a mailing
> > > list discussion - if people could reply to this mail with any topics
> > > they'd like to discuss we can take it from there.  Of course if we can
> > > sort things out more quickly via the mailing list that's even better!
> >
> > 1. Gapless playback handling between two playbacks with different format
>
> did you mean compressed formats?

Yes this is for compressed formats. So, we do not allow users to set
parameters for gapless playback as the assumption is that we are in
album with same parameters for the subsequent tracks to be played.

But in case of some codecs like wma (and flac iirc) there can be changes
to next track using different wma formats which warrants change in
params.

Question is if this should be allowed and if so we need to propose a
change in API for this

> > 2. Passing timestamp along with buffer for both playback and capture
> > 3. PCM device volume control
> > 4. Unified audio graph building across multiple subsystems
> >
> > Thanks
> > Patrick

~Vinod