[alsa-devel] Recording on WM9712

Matej Kupljen matej.kupljen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 18:26:17 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I have an iMX6q board with external AC97 WM9712 codec connected to SSI on iMX6.

The card is detected correctly and it is using generic AC97 codec
driver, not the specific one for WM9712. I was able to hard code the
values into fsl-asoc-card.c and fsl_ssi.c files, but my problem still
remains.

I can playback WAV file normally, also speaker-test works as expected.
The problem is when I try to record something from Line In.
It does record the file, but when I playback it, it is "too slow". I
tried different sample rates, but the problem is only worse (strange
beeping in the recording).

The command for recording is:
# arecord  -f dat -vv /tmp/record.wav

(I tired also with -M option, but there is no difference).

If I copy the recorded file to PC and use audacity to play it back
using 1.5x speed, the recording seems O.K.

Checking codec register values trough
/proc/asound/ac97audio/codec97#0/ac97#0-0+regs it seems that the
sample rates are set O.K. to 48kHz.

Any idea what might be wrong?
Is there anything else I can check?

Thanks and BR,