[alsa-devel] Counting links in simple-card

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com
Fri Oct 11 02:41:01 CEST 2019

Hi Daniel

Thank you for your email

> I think I can modify simple-card to do this. Just let me know if you
> see something obviously wrong
> on making the simple-card / simple-scu-card handling this case with
> creating just 1 BE DAI link.

Current DPCM support is used for "TDM-Split mode",
"MIXer", "Sampling rate convert" for now.

But, of course I have no objection if you can add new feature.

> simple-audio-card,dai-link at 2 {
>            cpu {
>                   sound-dai=<&cpu1>;
>            }
>        }

It looks FE, but is this for BE ?

> Maybe add a property like "dpcm".

I think property "dpcm" is very ALSA-SoC naming, DT guy don't like it (?).
"simple-xxx-card" (1) or new node (2) can be acceptable ?
I'm not sure...

	machine_drv {
(1)	        compatible = "simple-xxx-card";

		simple-audio-card,dai-link at 2 {
(2)			dpcm-fe {
				sound-dai=<&cpu1>;

Thank you for your help !!