[alsa-devel] Counting links in simple-card

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com
Wed Oct 9 02:18:08 CEST 2019

Hi Daniel

> >      * ex1)
> >      * CPU0 --- Codec0
> >      * CPU1 --- Codec1
> >      * CPU2 -----/
> >      * CPU3 --- Codec2
> >      *
> >      *    => 5 links = 2xCPU-Codec + 2xCPU-dummy + 1xdummy-Codec
> >      *    => 7 DAIs  = 4xCPU + 3xCodec
> >      *    => 1 ccnf  = 1xdummy-Codec
> >

> > So, I don't understand exactly how did you get the formula for links. AFAICT
> > there should be 3 x CPU-Codec + 1 x CPU-dummy.

CPU1/CPU2 and Codec1 are using DPCM.
Thus, it is...

 2xCPU-Codec:
	CPU0 - Codec0
	CPU3 - Codec2

 2xCPU-dummy:
	CPU1 - dummy
	CPU2 - dummy

 1xdummy-Codec:
	dummy - Codec1

> Also, I wonder how can i use simple-card to create just a backend link
> CPU-dummy + Codec :).
>
> Is this supported?

Do you mean CPU-dummy + dummy-Codec ?
But anyway, simple-card/audio-graph DPCM support is very limited.
Unfortunately it doesn't have flexibility...

Thank you for your help !!
Best regards
---
Kuninori Morimoto