[alsa-devel] Multiple LADSPA plugin paths when some of them error

jimmy at spalge.com jimmy at spalge.com
Wed Nov 27 12:11:00 CET 2019

Having multiple lookup paths for ladspa plugins is supported by separating
them with ":" in a "path" directive on the pcm definition in asoundrc or the
LADSPA_PATH environment variable. But if there is an error encountered while
looking for the plugin in one of the earlier paths than later ones won't be
checked.

My use case is that I have a mixed architecture system (moving from 32 to 64
bit) and I need applications of both architectures to do sound stuff. Since
the dlopen will always fail for one of them it doesn't quite work as-is (I've
patched it locally sufficient for my needs).

I think snd_pcm_ladspa_look_for_plugin in src/pcm/pcm_ladspa.c should be
changed to not return on errors in the loop but just log a message and
proceed.