[alsa-devel] ASoC, DMI and UCM

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Wed Nov 20 11:04:38 CET 2019

Hi all,

	I would like to discuss the way we use DMI information for the board
identification in ASoC for the user space (long card name). It's a bit
redundant information, because DMI is already exposed through
/sys/class/dmi/id/ to the user space nowadays.

	My idea is to add 'DMI:sysfs' ctl info component string for the appropriate
ASoC driver to detect the existence of this dmi interface. Then I can add the
sysfs support to the ucm2 conditions.

	But it's really a quick idea. I'd like to have comments.

				Thank you,
					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>