[alsa-devel] Several problems when trying to run alsa-info.sh

Rolf Eike Beer eb at emlix.com
Tue Nov 12 08:37:09 CET 2019

Greetings,

I had the need to run alsa-info.sh --stdout from 1.1.9 on our embedded device.
There were multiple things I noticed:

-it requires /bin/bash, but seems to run ok with just /bin/sh. We don't have
bash.

-it requires pgrep, which we don't have, but replacing all calls with pidof
seems to work well enough

-it requires whereis, and does not use that

-at least in stdout mode the absence of lspci should not be a fatal error

Greetings

Eike
--
Rolf Eike Beer, emlix GmbH, http://www.emlix.com
Fon +49 551 30664-0, Fax +49 551 30664-11

emlix - smart embedded open source