[alsa-devel] UCM extensions

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 5 20:52:45 CET 2019

On 11/5/19 1:36 PM, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>      I make some internal ucm code cleanups in alsa-lib and added three
> major extensions to allow more complex configurations which we require
> for the SOF kernel driver.

Great, thanks for working on this!

>      The first thing is the added substitution for the value strings:
>
> https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib/commit/f1e637b285e8e04e6761248a070f58f3a8fde6fc
>

>      The second thing is the If block:
>
> https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib/commit/985715ce8148dc7ef62c8e3d8ce5a0c2ac51f8df

is it possible for the Condition to check if the card contains the SOF
prefix?

For Baytrail/Cherrytrail support, we have a ton of existing UCM files,
and the only thing needed is e.g.
- to change from hw:bytcrrt5640 to hw:sofbytcrt5640
- make the controls for the legacy driver conditional

SectionVerb {
	EnableSequence [

		if (card name does not contain SOF)
		<platforms/bytcr/PlatformEnableSeq.conf>
		endif
		<codecs/rt5640/EnableSeq.conf>
	]

Most of the information that matters for those UCM files is the type of
peripherals and the matching mixer configuration for the codec driver,
and we should reuse this information between legacy and SOF.