[alsa-devel] aplay - pcm_read: Input/output error

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Fri May 31 14:00:53 CEST 2019

alsa-project/alsa-lib issue #7 was opened from mrajwa:

Hello,

I came across an issue with custom built aplay (system one works OK on Ubuntu 18.04):

I have fetched both alsa-lib and alsa-utils repositories, built them now try to run:

`path_to_aplay/aplay -C -D hw:0,8 -r 16000 -f S16_LE -c 2 tmp.wav -vvv`

Immediately after the start it prints hw_params and the and error message saying:

`arecord: pcm_read:2103: read errorL Input/output error`

As I said system aplay works fine. Moreover I compared hw_params for both system and this custom built aplay and they are exactly the same!

I also tried to built alsa-utils from debian package here I did:

apt source alsa-lib && sudo apt build-dep alsa-utils && fakeroot debian/rules clean && fakeroot debian/rules build && fakeroot debian/rules binary

All finished fine, now I repeated above steps for alsa-utils and here is aproblem at fakeroot debian/rules binary step. At some point it stops with error message saying:

`dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for /usr/lib/libasound.co.s2 (used by debian/alsa-utils/usr/bin/alsaucm)`

Does anybody have any idea what is going on here?

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib/issues/7
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib