[alsa-devel] Cannot build broadwell on for-5.3

Curtis Malainey cujomalainey at google.com
Tue May 28 18:21:16 CEST 2019

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 10:24 AM Guenter Roeck <groeck at google.com> wrote:

> FWIW, the Linux kernel still officially supports our version of gcc
> (4.9.4, I believe). "Your version of gcc is too old" is not a good
> argument to make.
>
> Guenter

IIRC, we are running modified 4.9.2, stock 4.9.2 works fine but for
some reason ours doesn't. It was not a "this is broken and that is
that" it was more a "oh, this is the issue, I am going to take this
offline now." I am in contact with the author who broke us who happens
to be another googler and he is looking into what is going on. The
short term fix is to revert 392bef709659abea614abfe53cf228e7a59876a4
on whatever branch you are working on.

Curtis