[alsa-devel] No sound on Asrock Z68 Extreme4

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Thu May 23 21:11:14 CEST 2019

I recently moved my home machine to Asrock Z68 Extreme4 mainboard.
Booted into Fedora 30 and found out that my speakers are not making any
sound.

alsa-info.sh output:
http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=9c079d91b5f2278d3c3bd98518a6a717c86d31df

Pulseaudio says that are no speakers connected and 'hdajacksensetest'
says the same:

21:08 (0s) hrw at puchatek:~$ sudo hdajacksensetest
Pin 0x14 (Green Line Out, Rear side): present = No
Pin 0x15 (Black Line Out, Rear side): present = No
Pin 0x16 (Orange Line Out, Rear side): present = No
Pin 0x18 (Pink Mic, Rear side): present = No
Pin 0x1a (Blue Line In, Rear side): present = No

I noticed 'hdajackretask' tool but no idea how to use it properly.

Any ideas?