[alsa-devel] Add polling mode support on snd_hdac_bus_get_response(),

Liao, Bard bard.liao at intel.com
Thu May 23 08:15:05 CEST 2019

Hi Takashi,

We would like to add polling mode support on snd_hdac_bus_get_response(),
and use it as a workaround for some specific platforms.
Just like azx_rirb_get_response() and azx_create()

	if (chip->polling_mode || do_poll)
			snd_hdac_bus_update_rirb(bus);
and
	if (IS_CFL(pci))
		chip->polling_mode = 1;

However struct azx is a local variable and other driver may have their own chip
structure. Like struct skl and struct sof_intel_hda_dev.
So I am thinking does it make sense to add the polling_mode in struct
hdac_bus? So we can get the polling_mode directly from bus->polling_mode.
Or it makes more sense to create a global chip struct similar to struct azx for
snd_hdac_bus_get_response()?

Thanks,
Bard