[alsa-devel] Boot procudure on HDA driver

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon May 13 11:42:32 CEST 2019

On Mon, 13 May 2019 11:30:56 +0200,
Kailang wrote:

> [...]

Is the call really mandatory?

> It's no problem.
> But spec->shutup() doesn't need to run in boot up.

The call of spec->shutup() at boot up *is* the runtime PM.
Or any other call path I overlooked?

> And it will set power_save=1 on all dell machine.
>
> If (codec->auto_runtime_pm || codec->bus->shutdown ||
>       codec->core.dev.power.power_state.event == PM_EVENT_SUSPEND ||
>       codec->core.dev.power.power_state.event == PM_EVENT_HIBERNATE)
>
> So, I need to put upper check code in spec->shutup(). Right?
> Thanks.

No, the auto_runtime_pm is for a completely different purpose.

At the boot up, the runtime PM can be kicked in at any time.  So if
you disable the shutup during the runtime PM, it means you'd need to
call the shutup at runtime PM completely.

Takashi