[alsa-devel] Alsa-loopback

Mats Lindestam mats.lindestam at axis.com
Fri May 10 09:15:46 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am new to Alsa and I have been told that there is some kind of buffer/queue, in Alsa-loopback, that regulates when 'sound-buffers' is dropped.

What I would like to achieve is make the buffer/queue larger (500 ms).

>From what I have heard is that it should be possible to configure the buffer/queue, in Alsa-loopback, via the /etc/asound.conf configuration file.

It seems that the parameters period_time, period_size, buffer_time, buffer_size & rate are important to achieve what I want. I haven't found any information on what these parameters do and how or if they are used in conjunction with each other.

Here is my asound.conf file:

  # cat /etc/asound.conf
  pcm_slave.aloopcommon {
    pcm "hw:Loopback,0,0"
    rate 16000
    period_time 64000
    buffer_time 512000
  }

  pcm.!audiosource0 {
    type dsnoop
    slave aloopcommon
  }

Is there somewhere where these parameters are explained and how they interact?

BR

/Mats
?