[alsa-devel] [Sound-open-firmware] Signed firmware availability for kbl/cnl

Liam Girdwood liam.r.girdwood at linux.intel.com
Wed Jul 31 16:07:57 CEST 2019

On Wed, 2019-07-31 at 09:01 -0500, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote:
> > Any objections to using this repo for topologies too ? I know we
> > haven't yet used it for UCMs but now is probably a good point to
> > move
> > (including moving the older UCMs over too).
>
> We'll need to figure out the license for all this, the topologies
> and
> UCM files created for SOF are all BSD 3-clause but I am not clear on
> older UCM files stored in alsa-lib, I don't think there was any
> agreement that the LGPL license applied to them.

I remember this was discussed in the past, it is possible to make all
new UCMs and topologies BSD 3c in the new repo. We could also transfer
over and re-license any topoloies over from alsa-lib where we had
agreement from authors.

This would eventually mean alsa-lib would contain "legacy" GPL
topologies whilst alsa-ucm-conf would contain any new and BSD licences
UCM/topologies.

Liam