[alsa-devel] Patch Update for OpenFrame Sigmatel STAC9202

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Jul 31 10:51:23 CEST 2019

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 10:39:29 +0200,
Andrew Davison wrote:

> > On 31 Jul 2019, at 09:37, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 10:36:13 +0200,
> > Andrew Davison wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Takashi,
> >>
> >> Thank you very much for your response. We’ve managed to use this configuration via hda-jack-retask:
> >>
> >> [codec]
> >> 0x83847632 0x00000100 0
> >>
> >> [pincfg]
> >> 0x07 0x01c5e150
> >> 0x08 0x01451130
> >> 0x0a 0x90170150
> >> 0x0b 0x02a19020
> >> 0x0c 0x01813021
> >> 0x0d 0x0321403f
> >> 0x10 0x500701f0
> >> 0x11 0x90330122
> >> 0x15 0x50a001f1
> >>
> >> This corrects the behaviour of the HP detection and mutes (and unmutes) the correct outputs, but leaves us with a crackling sound from the internal speakers which sounds like system interference noise. It’s as if something has been left floating and the amplification for the internal speakers has not been shut off. I’m making the assumption that this is related to the 0xffbc0100 you mention.
> >>
> >> What would be our next course of action to correct the crackling?
> >
> > As mentioned, you might need to control GPIO as well.  Try to adjust
> > the GPIO pin via hda-verb.
> >

> Would you be able to provide an example of how to do this? I’m not sure where to start on that one.

Something like:
  hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x01 SET_GPIO_MASK 0x01
  hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x01 SET_GPIO_DIR 0x01
  hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x01 SET_GPIO_DATA 0x01

Above will enable the GPIO pin #0 to the write direction, and set high.
It's a bit mask, so for pass 0x02 for pin#1, 0x04 for pin#2, etc.
Try to fiddle with the data high/low and dir high/low.
Most likely the first bit controls some external amp like the
speaker.

And the device /dev/snd/hwC0D0 depends on the system.  hwC0D0 is for
the card 0 device 0.

Once when we figure out the GPIO pin role, we can hook the pin up/down
along with the speaker mixer mute state.