[alsa-devel] Is there a way to support TX master mode and RX slave mode?

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Wed Jul 17 20:02:04 CEST 2019

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 11:02:05AM -0500, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote:
> On 7/16/19 3:35 AM, S.j. Wang wrote:

> > Is there a way to support TX master mode but RX slave mode?  It seems current .set_fmt only set same mode for TX and RX.

> good question if you are thinking of supporting the 6-pin versions of I2S
> interfaces with independent bit clock and frame sync on RX and TX
> Looking at the topology definition it could be that this mode needs to be
> handled with separate dailinks. Adding Mark in case he didn't see this
> question.

If the TX and RX sides are completly disconnected then they're just two
separate interfaces.

As documented in SubmittingPatches please send patches to the
maintainers for the code you would like to change.  The normal kernel
workflow is that people apply patches from their inboxes, if they aren't
copied they are likely to not see the patch at all and it is much more
difficult to apply patches.

Please fix your mail client to word wrap within paragraphs at something
substantially less than 80 columns.  Doing this makes your messages much
easier to read and reply to.