[alsa-devel] Regarding alsa-utils commit "alsaucm: add alsa-ucm udev rules for PAZ00 (Toshiba AC100/Dynabook AZ)."

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Feb 21 11:51:19 CET 2019

Hi Jaroslav,

I'm updating alsa-utils in OpenEmbedded, and I noticed that there's a
new udev rules file, 89-alsa-ucm.rules. It seems to just initialize the
mixer settings for particular hardware (Toshiba AC100/Dynabook AZ), and
doing that in alsa-utils seems weird. Why does this hardware use a udev
rules file for initialization, unlike any other hardware?

I think it would be good to have an explanatory comment in the rules
file.

--
Tanu

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk