[alsa-devel] right way to enumerate pcm devices

sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 21:33:24 CET 2019

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 02:36:00PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> The entries without hints are filtered out as default.
> i.e. a user-defined entry appears, too, if it contains the hints.
>
> You can change the behavior by setting defaults.namehint.showall,
> too.

Hi again,

I am listing the pcm devices, and for the USB mic of my webcam, I get input
(IOID=Input) pcm devices for surroundX/frontspeakers/IEC958, which are
actually output pcm devices.
Why those output pcm devices are hinted as input devices?? Is this expected?
Bug? If not, how am I supposed to select the proper input pcm devices the
right(tm) way ?

regards,

--
Sylvain