[alsa-devel] right way to enumerate pcm devices

sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:33:33 CET 2019

Hi,

I got some code based on hints which, unfortunately, seems not sufficient.

I can list the hardware cards, but what is the proper way to enumerate the pcm devices?

For instance, I don't get basic user defined pcm devices, I get all the
surround pcm devices for the USB mic from my webcam etc...
The real question: how I build a clean list of pcm devices I would present to a
user to choose from without confusing him/her?

Wherever I look I get only this hint based code. I presume I am looking the
wrong way.

regards,

--
Sylvain