[alsa-devel] TI McASP: Independent RX & TX

Sven Schwermer sven at svenschwermer.de
Wed Dec 18 09:20:22 CET 2019

Hi,

I’m looking at hooking up two codecs to a single AM3358’s McASP instance. One codec will be hooked up to the receive section while the other one will be hooked up to the transmit section. BCLK, MCLK and format will not necessarily be shared and may differ. As far as I understand, the McASP allows to operate receive and transmit pretty much independently.

Looking at the ASoC driver (davinci-mcasp.c), however, it seems to me that it is not really possible to use receive and transmit independently. Is that correct? Is that particular use case not within the scope of the current driver or is my initial assumption wrong that transmit and receive are basically independent?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Best regards,
Sven