[alsa-devel] CPU hook snd_hda_intel

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Dec 10 15:43:12 CET 2019

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 15:32:45 +0100,
Klaus Ethgen wrote:

> Hi Takashi,
>
> Unfortunately it is not successful. See the attached output of perf.
>
> There is also a issue with a swapper thread in ath9k code but the one
> with the biggest CPU hook is still alsa.

Do you see the relevant kernel messages, e.g. switch to polling mode?
If that happens, it means that the communication with the chip got
broken by some reason.  And...

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 15:35:44 +0100,
Klaus Ethgen wrote:

> Let me add that this time I encountered the issue after taking the
> laptop from the docking station.

... this can be the cause: the hardware doesn't react to the pin jack
sense request for the dock that isn't present any longer.
Or something goes wrong here, repeating, etc.

> After sending it to sleep and waking it up again, the problem is gone
> (as it often can be solved).

So the problem is very likely some flaky hardware response.