[alsa-devel] CPU hook snd_hda_intel

Klaus Ethgen Klaus at ethgen.ch
Sun Dec 8 18:31:27 CET 2019

Hi Takashi,

Am So den  8. Dez 2019 um  9:45 schrieb Takashi Iwai:
> On Sat, 07 Dec 2019 21:06:43 +0100,
> > Find attached the perf output of the relevant event handler.
>
> Thanks.  So it seems wasting in the busy loop for waiting for the
> response from the codec.
>
> How about a patch below?  It's untested, might break things, but at
> least avoiding a busy loop.

I'll give it a try. Kernel is compiling right now. It might be hard to
see if the patch is working but I suppose that it do when I don't have
that trouble within a week or so.

> BTW, if your machine is Coffeelake or Cannonlake, this patch wont'
> work on the old branch because of forced polling mode.  It was removed
> in 5.5-rc1, so please test with Linus tree at best.

I hardly have such new Architectures on that laptop. It is a lenovo x61s
so it is from latest 2009. It has a Intel Core 2 Duo LV (Merom). :-)

I actually check it with gentoo kernel source 5.4.2.

Regards
   Klaus
--
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16            Klaus Ethgen <Klaus at Ethgen.ch>