[alsa-devel] [ANNOUNCE] fcplay: compressed audio test utility

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Tue Dec 3 11:23:08 CET 2019

Dne 03. 12. 19 v 11:12 Vinod Koul napsal(a):
> On 26-11-19, 11:27, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

>>> Here is the missing link!
>>>
>>> [1]: git at github.com:vinodkoul/fcplay.git
>>> https://github.com/vinodkoul/fcplay/
>>
>> I would probably add this to the tinycompress package, too. The mixed
>> licence is not an issue, I think.
>
> That depends on who you talk to :-) Some folks seem to be averse to
> anything *GPL*! so adding this to tinycompress can have issues for them.

I mean that you can add a new tool to tinycompress with the LGPL-only licence.
It depends on the packager/user if he/she accepts it. So, dual BSD/LGPL
licence by default and LGPL-only to fcplay. You may place this tool to
src/utils-lgpl directory or so.

				Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>