[alsa-devel] Surround speaker connection on Acer 8951G

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Aug 29 11:30:45 CEST 2019

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 22:30:31 +0200,
Sergey 'Jin' Bostandzhyan wrote:

> Next thing I am looking at is the problem with automute when HP are plugged in,
> I hope you can point me in the right direction here.
>
> As described in one of my earlier posts, rear speakers share the pin with
> the headphones jack and they get correctly muted when headphones are plugged in.
>
> However, all other speakers (front, center) remain unmuted.

That's an ugly situation, and currently no clean way to deal with such
a shared pin for outputs, unfortunately.  The auto-parser can handle
the case with input/output switching (e.g. sharing mic and surround),
but not about the two outputs.

One possible way with the current code (and your latest patch) would
be to create a UCM profile.  The driver should still provide the jack
detection on the pin 0x1b as "Surround Jack", and this can be used as
the headphone jack detection.

In anyway, could you give alsa-info.sh outputs with and without your
patch?

thanks,