[alsa-devel] [BUG] bdw-rt5650 DSP boot timeout

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Tue Aug 20 02:55:34 CEST 2019

> My recommendation would be to look at the machine driver and see if
> its making additional calls to the DSP driver that is not made in
> other machine drivers such as the bdw-rt5677 (Samus.) That might
> indicate an additional code path that might be getting exercised in
> your context that isn't used in samus which is causing your problems.
> If you find something you can always copy it over to samus to see if
> it causes the same breakage. So yes definitely look. Usually the
> suspend/resume paths aren't that long, but I would search the whole
> machine driver for anything that can alter state.

The only significant difference I see in the machine drivers is that the
clock dividers are smaller in this bdw-rt5660 case, the bitclock is 4.8
MHz v. 2.4 MHz in the other bdw-rt5677. It's not very clear to me why
there is a need to have different clock and SSP settings, but since the
patch that was suggested to be reverted touches the clock generation
maybe there's a connection?