[alsa-devel] [BUG] bdw-rt5650 DSP boot timeout

Jie, Yang yang.jie at intel.com
Mon Aug 19 04:33:27 CEST 2019

Hi Jon, sorry about just noticing this thread.
From the dmesg log, the issue happens at runtime suspend/resume but not in boot, am I right(you can disable runtime PM for the device to confirm that)?

My points here are:
1. the commit 0d2135ecadb0 was suggested by FW team to W/A D3 potential crash issue.
2. it was verified with rt286(Broadwell.c, e.g. Dell XPS) from our side only(and may have been checked with rt5677 by Chrome team).
3. please follow sequence in broadwell.c if issue happen at boot time.
If happened at runtime PM from DSP side, we should see it with all kinds of machine driver.
Could you performing more test and debugging to see what it real happen there?
4. we have no reason to remove the commit directly, except correcting if some lines are proved wrong. And, as Pierre mentioned, SOF driver is preferred, as there is no new development effort to support SST haswell/Broadwell driver here(no platform, no developer, :-( ).

Thanks,
~Keyon>