[alsa-devel] Possible bug report

Harry Bloomberg hbloomb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 23:39:38 CEST 2019

While running an amateur radio application on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with the
stretch version of Raspberrian, I see the following in my syslog:

Aug  1 17:31:06 raspberrypi pulseaudio[853]: [alsa-sink-USB Audio]
alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to write new data to the device, but there was
actually nothing to write.
Aug  1 17:31:06 raspberrypi pulseaudio[853]: [alsa-sink-USB Audio]
alsa-sink.c: Most likely this is a bug in the ALSA driver 'snd_usb_audio'.
Please report this issue to the ALSA developers.
Aug  1 17:31:06 raspberrypi pulseaudio[853]: [alsa-sink-USB Audio]
alsa-sink.c: We were woken up with POLLOUT set -- however a subsequent
snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or another value < min_avail.

So...I am reporting this to the developers as instructed by the error
message.  What additional information do you need?

I'm not exactly sure what I was doing to trigger this error.   I may have
been exiting  the application.

Thanks,
Harry Bloomberg