[alsa-devel] Dell AIO speaker pop noise

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Apr 16 10:21:39 CEST 2019

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 10:01:31 +0200,
Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> Dne 16. 04. 19 v 9:30 Kailang napsal(a):
> > Hi Takashi,
> >
> > Issue 1: The noise keeps occurring via speaker when Headset is plugged in.
> > Issue 2: The humming noise is occuring when switching to sound of settings.
> > 	 The noise will be stopped when switching to other options of settings.
> > Issue 3: The popping noise occurred for one second when plugged in and removed the headset.
> >
> > This patch will solve this three issues.
>
> Hi,
>
>   could you explain, why the power-save function causes this behaviour? Can we do something else than turning off the power-save codec settings to avoid such noises? I have this question because it's
> really easy to disable something, but I feel that the culprit of the noises might be just the wrong codec settings. I guess that you have probably full documentation for the codec and probably for the
> hardware, so it might be nice to find the real culprit.

Note that power_save_node=0 doesn't mean that the whole power saving
is disabled.  It disables the fine-grained power saving, i.e. powering
down the unused widget nodes.

If so, I wonder whether this might be about the default pin-shutup
behavior.  I improved the click noise problem on my Dell desktop by
disabling the pin shutup.  See commit c0ca5eced222.
Kailang, Hui, did you try to add the chain to ALC269_FIXUP_NO_SHUTUP?

thanks,