[alsa-devel] pyalsa support for Python 3

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 01:38:33 CET 2018

Hello,
I used pyalsa's alsaseq module for a project of mine which used Python 2.
Now I'm switching to Python 3 and I'd need to use the alsaseq module with
that version. Unfortunally, it seems that Python 3 support has not been
added yet.

I found this message:
http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/Python3-PyAlsa-Build-fails-td83590.html
It is older than the latest release of pyalsa, but, even after trying to
follow the instructions, I still get errors and cannot build pyalsa for
Python3: while the "pyalsa/alsacontrol.c:184:6: error: ‘struct
pyalsacontrol’ has no member named ‘ob_type’" error is gone, it still
doesn't build.
The latest message reports:

    error: command 'i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1

Is there any chance that pyalsa gets an update for it?

Thank you,
Maurizio

--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi