[alsa-devel] ALC700 headphone no sound issue

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Dec 5 10:58:10 CET 2018

On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 10:54:21 +0100,
Takashi Iwai wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 10:49:56 +0100,
> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 09:18:52 +0100,
> > Kailang wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Takashi,
> > >
> > > In Intel ENG board with ALC700. It had headphone no sound issue.
> > > If it plugged headphone or headset into the jack, then do the reboot, it will have a chance to cause headphone no sound.
> > > It just need to run the headphone mode procedure after boot time.
> > > The issue will be fixed.
> > > It also suitable for ALC234 ALC274 and ALC294.
> >
> > Does this correspond to the HDA_FIXUP_ACT_INIT part of the patch?
>
> Bah, scratch that, I looked into a wrong patch (what you've sent
> before).  Now checking the right one.

OK, now reviewed.

The change looks mostly OK, but a couple of things:

- hp_pin is not guaranteed to be present;
  it should check the case of hp_pin=0, too

- Please give some comment to the function, otherwise it's really
  mystery without answer.
  You can just put the text in the patch description there.

Could you fix these and resubmit?  Thanks!