[alsa-devel] ASoC: pxa: remove pxa2xx-pcm driver, which caused regression

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Sat Aug 25 10:39:33 CEST 2018

Petr Cvek <petrcvekcz at gmail.com> writes:

> Dne 18.8.2018 v 21:10 Robert Jarzmik napsal(a):
>> Petr Cvek <petrcvekcz at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> My bad I've forgot to add "select SND_PXA2XX_LIB" from removed
>>> SND_PXA2XX_SOC, now it should compile, can you test it if it works now?
>>> fixed patch in [1].
>> Still NAK.
>>
>> You must realise that as long as you will delete sound/soc/pxa/pxa2xx-pcm.c,
>> I'll block the patch, as it is being used for music playback on several pxa
>> platforms, at least the AC97 based ones.
>>
> I know I will send the magician only patch. I've just wanted to know how
> it is working with AC97 ;-) (+ it is still a good test for possible
> future changes).
>
>>> BTW can you try insmod-aplay-stop-rmmod with the current -next on your
>>> board?

Ok, I just did that.
I based my work on linux-next, plus one extra patch which
was lost in my last submissions :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linux.kernel/0iw-VDxIyZk

I insmoded the modules, called aplay, heard the music, rmmoded all the modules,
then insmoded again, called aplay, and rmmoded again. Everything worked
smoothly.

Cheers.

--
Robert