[alsa-devel] ASoC: pxa: remove pxa2xx-pcm driver, which caused regression

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Sat Aug 18 21:10:40 CEST 2018

Petr Cvek <petrcvekcz at gmail.com> writes:

> My bad I've forgot to add "select SND_PXA2XX_LIB" from removed
> SND_PXA2XX_SOC, now it should compile, can you test it if it works now?
> fixed patch in [1].
Still NAK.

You must realise that as long as you will delete sound/soc/pxa/pxa2xx-pcm.c,
I'll block the patch, as it is being used for music playback on several pxa
platforms, at least the AC97 based ones.

> BTW can you try insmod-aplay-stop-rmmod with the current -next on your
> board?
Insmod/rmmod which module exactly ?
	regmap-ac97.ko
	ac97.ko
	snd-pcm-dmaengine.ko
	snd-pxa2xx-lib.ko
	snd-soc-wm9713.ko
	snd-soc-pxa2xx.ko
	snd-soc-pxa2xx-ac97.ko
	snd-soc-mioa701.ko

> OK I can do that, (I can speak only for I2S and SSP) but if fixed patch
> work it should be fine.
Nope, it still impacts the AC97 based boards.

Cheers.

--
Robert