[alsa-devel] Lenovo Y700-15ISK integrated subwoofer not working

Leandro Britez britinx at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:49:25 CEST 2018

Hello, I'm having a problem with a Lenovo Y700 (15ISK, with the same
hardware configuration as the 17ISK and 14ISK).

Integrated frontal speakers and headphone/microphone jack are working
fine, but I'm not able to get any sound from the integrated subwoofer,
on any distro tested (Ubuntu, Debian, actually using Arch). Googled for
solutions but looks like no user using this notebook family has a
working solution yet.

- I tryied to identify 0x17 and 0x1b pins as LFE or Frontal Speakers
with hdajackretask.
- Checked with hda-analyzer if some node was muting or blocking that
connection and enabled "OUT" on Widget Control for 0x1b pin complex and
tested various VREF options.
- I also changed POWER_STATE of pretty much everything with hda-verb,
with no success.
- Checked alsamixer/pulseaudio volumes, mutes, and settings.
- Tested some snd-hda-intel model options related to the codec or the
notebook manufacturer. I am going to test every model when I get some time.

Those pins are the only unidentified ones with Output caps:

pin 0x17 <--> aud_mix 0x0f <--> aud_mix 0x0d <--> output 0x03
(headphones) and aud_mix 0x0b (mic playbacks)
pin complex 0x1b <--> aud_mix 0x0c <--> output 0x02 (speakers) and
aud_mix 0x0b (mic playbacks)

0x1b looks promising and probably the only option, but I'm not able to
get it to work. I don't know if I'm missing something or there is
something more I can test with that pin complex.

Please find the attached alsa-info.sh and lspci -vvnn output files.

Thank you for your time.

Leandro