[alsa-devel] BUG of new AC97 bus layer

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Tue Aug 14 09:25:13 CEST 2018

Lihua Yao <ylhuajnu at 163.com> writes:

> Hi Robert;
>
> I am playing with AC97+WM9714 of TINY6410 board. I had made it to retrieve
>
> WM8914's vendor id but  a BUG at probing WM97xx MFD device.
>
> After digging, I thought the offending code is 'structure assignment' at line 74.
>
> Both ac97->dev and adev->dev are objects of type 'struct device' rather than
>
> 'struct device *'.
Hi Lihua Yao,

Thanks for the report, I never triggered this error, but there is an bug
indeed. As to your quick hack, would you mind submitting a patch ? Of course,
you'll have to complete it to have device_add() and device_put() in the release
routine, and add a parenthood to the adev->dev device.

Cheers.

--
Robert