[alsa-devel] Fwd: ALSA queries

Chakravarthi Pradeep doubleq7 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:24:49 CEST 2018

Hello Takashi,

>You confirmed with putting the debug print, etc?
Yes, its confirmed.

>And drv->buf_pos is the correct position that matches with the
>expected hwptr?  Basically there only these two things.

If DMA size per interrupt is of 4K bytes then drv->buf_pos is updated
with 4K bytes in audio thread. However the same being updated in
pointer call back also.

>From the debug log , sometimes pointer callback is not getting called
and hwptr is zero at this point. When hwptr is zero then no audio in
VLC application. Why pointer call back is not gettting called ?

Regards,
Chakravarthi Pradeep K

--
Thanks and Regards