[alsa-devel] timestamp update when no hw delta

Henrik Eriksson henrik.eriksson at axis.com
Tue Oct 10 14:14:59 CEST 2017

Hi

I am looking into commit 3179f62001880e588e229db3006a59ad87b7792a
("ALSA: core: add .get_time_info"), which, if I understand the code
correctly, changed the behaviour of timestamps.  Before this change,
snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0() just returned if the no_delta_check showed that
the hw_ptr had not changed.  With this change it will update the
timestamps before returning.

Was this intended, and if so does anyone have any insights to why?  The
original behaviour to not update the timestamps when the hw position has
not changed seems more correct to me, but I am new to this code.

Regards,
/henrik