[alsa-devel] [Test Request] Component level pcm_new/pcm_free v2

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com
Thu Jul 20 04:50:16 CEST 2017

Hi Mark, Johan, Brian

These are v2 of Component level pcm_new/free patches.
I think current ALSA SoC need to cleanup and move to new style.
Then, current all CPU/Codec/Platform features needs to be
merged into "component" (and remove CPU/Codec/Platform categorize).
My previous pcm_new/free patch had wrong operation, thus
Johan, Brian got damage from it. I'm so sorry about that.

Current ALSA SoC has rtd->platform, but it should be
removed in new style, I think. So, this patch adds new "component list"
for rtd (= I named it as rtdcom, maybe we want to have more nice naming).
This list includes all components (= CPU/Codec/Platform),
not only platform component.

I'm thinking that rtd->platform related operation will be replaced like below

-	if(rtd->platform->xxx)
-		rtd->platform->xxx(yyy);

+	for_each_rtdcom(rtd, rtdcom) {
+		component = rtdcom->component; /* rtd connected CPU/Codec/Platform */
+		if (component->xxx)
+			component->xxx(yyy);
+	}

Here, xxxx is pcm_new/free on this patch.
If my understanding was correct, this v2 pcm_new/free works
well for you, but I don't know.
So, can you please test these patches ?
These are based on mark/fix/multi-pcm

Kuninori Morimoto (3):
      ASoC: soc-core: add snd_soc_rtdcom_xxx()
      ASoC: use snd_soc_rtdcom_add() and convert to consistent operation
      ASoC: add Component level pcm_new/pcm_free v2

Best regards
---
Kuninori Morimoto