[alsa-devel] --max-file-time producing incorrect results

Rob Nertney rob at rob-otics.com
Tue Nov 29 17:52:24 CET 2016

I have a diagnostic mode for my hardware, which gives me a known pattern in
1 second increments (for my predetermined frame size/rate). If I simply
pass a -d duration flag over and over with arecord, every capture is
perfect when I inspect it.

When I use the --max-file-time=1, my first PCM is perfect, then the
following ones aren't. It appears that in between these 1-second PCM files,
I am losing 128 frames between the 1-second files.

I'm not sure what could be causing this type of error; any thoughts?

Thanks,
Rob