[alsa-devel] writing driver for MOTU PCI 324, 2408 MK-II

Jef groupentity at comcast.net
Mon Mar 28 21:39:07 CEST 2016

Forest Bond <f_a_b <at> softhome.net> writes:

> I Joined up because I've decided I want to write a
> driver for the Mark of the Unicorn PCI-324 PCI card.

Hello!

I know this is an old thread, but I was hoping that the sentiment was still
alive and strong. I have recently made the transition to Linux as my primary
OS, and I, too, am looking to move my MOTU PCI audio gear along as well. Has
there been any progress on the PCI-324 linux driver development front? Is
there an active project in the works, or has this idea been abandoned?

While I'd hate to have to replace all of my digital gear, I know
historically MOTU has been blatantly hostile towards any support of Linux.
So, as sad as it might be, I would understand if this project got dropped.
But I thought it worth a try if for no other reason than to demonstrate a
sustained interest.

Incidentally, I apologize for posting this again, but my previous post
looked to be quite a mess, so I thought I'd clean it up a bit. Cheers! And
thank you.
Jef