[alsa-devel] Bad rever-select of CONFIG_SND_HDA_I915

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Mar 18 08:34:49 CET 2016

Hi,

while build testing, I noticed the following warning:
  warning: (SND_SOC_INTEL_SKYLAKE) selects SND_HDA_I915 which has unmet direct dependencies (SOUND && !M68K && !UML && SND && DRM_I915 && SND_HDA_CORE)

And it's indeed broken: you can't select CONFIG_SND_HDA_I915 from the
driver side.  This is the condition depending on DRM i915 driver.

Fixing this doesn't look too trivial, though.  Since
SND_SOC_INTEL_SKYLAKE is the item to be selected, it can't have
"depends on".  So, the top-level configs that select
SND_SOC_INTEL_SKYLAKE need to have "depends on DRM_I915" lines, or
modify the driver to be built without i915 binding.