[alsa-devel] ASoC: TLV320AIC3x: Adding additional functionality for 3106 with [Patch] for discuss

Timur Karaldin karaldin at mcsplus.ru
Tue Mar 15 11:17:41 CET 2016

14.03.2016 19:38, Peter Ujfalusi пишет:
> On 03/14/2016 04:57 PM, Timur Karaldin wrote:
>> Hi, Peter!
>> What's about placing capture controls in the Playback section of Alsamixer
>> view?
> Yeah, it is annoying. They can be fixed by:
> "Line1L Switch" -> "Line1L Capture Switch" and so on. On the other hand we had
> these unfortunate control names I think since the beginning and it is kind of
> an ABI for existing products. I don't have issue changing them, but existing
> setups relying on the control names might break...
>
>> Does resetting of some registers during start/stop of recording
>> connect with it?
> Not sure what you mean.

I mean current situation:

#i2cdump -f -y -r 13-13 1 0x1b
Result: 0x00
#arecord test.wav &
#i2cdump -f -y -r 13-13 1 0x1b
Result: 0x00
# amixer sset 'Headset Detect Enable' *on*
#i2cdump -f -y -r 13-13 1 0x1b
Result:*0x80*
#killall arecord
#i2cdump -f -y -r 13-13 1 0x1b
Result: 0x00
#arecord test.wav &
#i2cdump -f -y -r 13-13 1 0x1b
Result:*0x00
*#killall arecord*
*amixer sset 'Headset Detect Enable'*on**
*#i2cdump -f -y -r 13-13 1 0x1b
Result:**0x00
**#amixer sset 'Headset Detect Enable' off
*amixer: Invalid command!*

So state of 'Headset Detect Enable' and others of my controls were not
stored during arecord/aplay restart (open and close device).