[alsa-devel] dmix produces garbled sound on ARM

Ihar Filipau thephilips at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 14:32:30 CEST 2016

On 6/9/16, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2016 16:05:42 +0200,
> Ihar Filipau wrote:
>>
>> The only thing so far I have found is `aplay --dump-hw-params`, but it
>> seem to display the allowed ranges, not the defaults/the params which
>> are used.
>
> You just need to check what "aplay -v ..." shows.  For example,
> % aplay -Dplug:dmix -v foo.wav

I have just retested it with the "aloop", completely without hardware.
The garbled sound comes from the software, from the dmix/libasound.
The problem is not related to (sound) hardware.

I can upload the garbled output which was recorded by "arecord", if it
would be helpful in analyzing the problem. (12s, ~2MB wav.)

Regards.