[alsa-devel] I/O errors, snd_pcm_hw_params_get_ functions don't deliver values and system freezes on drop/drain/close

Lars-Peter Clausen lars at metafoo.de
Fri Oct 23 15:57:39 CEST 2015

On 10/22/2015 03:47 PM, Bommes, Michael wrote:
[...]
> System freeze looks like driver issue, or might this only be a wrong usage of the driver?

Trying to configure a ALSA sound card with wrong parameters should not
result in a system freeze or any other kind of system failure. The driver
should reject those values and report an error to the application and that's it.

So it looks like there is an issue with the driver that you are using. I'd
recommend to contact the driver vendor and ask them for assistance.

- Lars