[alsa-devel] Simple-card without codec for testing purpose

arnaud.mouiche at invoxia.com arnaud.mouiche at invoxia.com
Thu Nov 19 18:26:46 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm starting debugging / testing all the fsl_ssi issues (see Caleb's

First step I just need to setup a DTS entry for  "simple-card" + fake
codec to generate arbitrary PCM bus output (1 to 16 channels, various
TDM, various sampling rate and format and master/slave role)
I will then plug my logical analyser, or do some loopback, or plug a
FPGA to generate/check some patterns.

Is there such "fake codec" somewhere.  Indeed, something that look like
the bt-sco codec, but without rate/format/channel limitations ?
Or does the "simple-card" even needs one ?

Regards,
Arnaud