[alsa-devel] OPL3 on cmipci doesn't survive suspend/resume

Adam Goode adam at spicenitz.org
Wed May 27 15:23:17 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have this card:

05:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc
CMI8738/CMI8768 PCI Audio (rev 10)
Subsystem: C-Media Electronics Inc CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device
Flags: bus master, stepping, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 19
I/O ports at d000 [size=256]
Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2
Kernel driver in use: snd_cmipci
Kernel modules: snd_cmipci

When I suspend/resume, the sound from the OPL3 is permanently
distorted. It sounds like not all of the operators are active. I can
fix this by doing a full PCI remove/rescan cycle: the driver correctly
initializes the card at this time.

Any ideas before I peek into the code?

Thanks,

Adam