[alsa-devel] bug

Nikita N. nikitan at operamail.com
Tue Mar 31 12:49:55 CEST 2015

Dear Maarten de Boer,
as you read from many voices here, your software is verified can damage
the speakers, if not used somehow correctly.
The definition of correctly is still to us unknown, nor you are giving
us any hope in that.
We were hoping in some form of amend from yourself, about the dangerous
software you produced and distributed to public.
We were hoping in some form of bug fix or any professional approach to
solving that issue.
We were hoping at least in a simple warning popping up from your tool,
when user sets any "hazardous" levels.
We were hoping at least-least in a warning popping up from your tool at
runtime, something like "Warning: improper settings for this level, this
level and this might result in damages to your audio devices".
But, we only see a nice turnaround "There is not much that I can add".
Your program does not respect the minimum requirement for a software to
be published, such as being "reasonably" bug free.
As for "bug" is intended a software which is limited in creating
software problems.
While instead, your tool expands to a whole new, and more dangerous
level - hardware damage.
Hence your software, as is, doesn't respect our Debian/Ubuntu
philosophy.
So, at this point "There is not much that" we can add.
We also wish you "Good luck with that."

http://www.fastmail.com - Access all of your messages and folders
                          wherever you are