[alsa-devel] bug

Nikita N. nikitan at operamail.com
Tue Mar 31 10:19:13 CEST 2015

> And in my opinion, you are blaming the wrong party here.
we are not blaming anybody.
We simply want to avoid any more of Our users to damage their speakers.
Most of users are not omniscient, if they are given a tool capable of
creating damage, at least they deserve a warning from the tool/provider.
If ALSA can't fix/remove that tool, we kindly ask you to point us to the
individual who programmed it, and we will contact him/her directly.
Unless that is not a secret.
If that is a secret and/or we will not receive feedback, then we will
expose clearly to the public that tool as a virus/malware, and inform
the antivirus authorities about it.

> (Yes I can confirm that happens on my laptop with mic gain set to 20dB below maximum).
Thank you very much for your confirmation, so in the meantime we start
as blacklisting that tool from our repos.

--
  Nikita N.
  nikitan at operamail.com

--