[alsa-devel] Realtek ALC662 issues - Intel DG41CN

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 01:38:28 CEST 2015

> Well, I was just trying different modes. The last one was ASUS-MODE1.
Before this I tried the "laptop" mode and the "generic" one, both of which
did not work.

> What do you suggest?

You don't need any model since the pin defaults of your Intel DG41CN  are
correct unless you want to use CD audio in connector

!!Sysfs Files
!!-----------

/sys/class/sound/hwC0D0/init_pin_configs:
0x14 0x01014010
0x15 0x411111f0
0x16 0x411111f0
0x18 0x01a19840
0x19 0x02a19c50
0x1a 0x0181304f
0x1b 0x02214c20
0x1c 0x593301f0
0x1d 0x4004c601
0x1e 0x01441130

Node 0x1c [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400001: Stereo
  Pincap 0x00000020: IN
  Pin Default 0x593301f0: [N/A] CD at Int ATAPI
    Conn = ATAPI, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x0
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
  Pin-ctls: 0x20: IN

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg41cn/sb/CS-031343.htm

You should check the front audio panel of your computer chassis if jack
state of headphone is alway plugged

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-015851.htm

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_PulseAudio_problems

You have to provide pulseaudio verbose log

Default setting support multi channels but NO headphone playback volume
control

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034198.htm

You can disable multi channels by using early patching and hint multi_io=0
to get back the headphone playback volume control

- multi_io (bool): try probing multi-I/O config (e.g. shared
  line-in/surround, mic/clfe jacks)

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/tree/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=1f6dd98e26f68e890258fa2fe5eb08ee343c5c13

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c?id=53c334add1e57bf96aec9b1fd927ff7746a7cb79