[alsa-devel] bug

Nikita N. nikitan at operamail.com
Mon Mar 30 16:37:02 CEST 2015

We are the devs involved in dCore porting, and that is one of our users
report:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,18225

We verified that in few of our legacy laptops.
It didn't reproduce for every laptop, but indeed in a couple of them,
the temperature of the speakers reached extremes levels in few seconds,
only unplugging the AC/DC cable saved them.
This is a serious problem in our opinion, and we would hate to see our
dCore reputation spoiled.
We hate to admit, but it is *NOT* our bug, and would hate to see this
bug reverse engineered into a virus/malware (on Linux, or other OS) and
see ourselves blamed for it.
So we would like to keep the incident quiet, and we are going to remove
that thread from our forum.
On the other side, we would expect any action from ALSA project in
removing that tool and/or exposing the real individual/s guilty of
writing that tool.

Thank you for your attentions and looking forward your feedback.
--
  Nikita N.
  nikitan at operamail.com

--